Monday 9 February 2015

Feb Updates

Bright Club at Birmingham Rep
On the 2nd of February I performed two acoustic sets for Bright Club at Birmingham Repertory Theatre. The night sees a set of academics channel their inner comic genius to show that university research isn’t always as serious as you might think. The event was hosted by Andy White, known for his appearances on BBC New Comedy Awards on BBC Choice and was a sell out in the 140 capacity "door" venue. Its always a pleasure to be working at the Rep with all the professional and talented people there, and the crowd were very lovely.
Upcoming Gigs
On the 13th of February  at 7pm I am joining my friends in Wow Impro to play some comedy improvisational games at Esquires Bar in Coventry. This is a family friendly gig and it's free entry. There's also a couple of fellow Foghorn Improv people joining in this time too.
On the afternoon of the 15th of February I'm making my début at Softly Softly, an event which takes place at Kiss the Sky Bar in Crouch End. Tickets for this gig are available here
I'm in London again on the 19th of February performing for Icarus Club at The Pelton Arms in Greenwich. Also on the bill is Harry Harris, my very talented friend who performed at one of the Best Seat Sessions gigs last year.
March
I'm nearly uncontrollably excited about March 2015...
I've been asked by Round Midnight Theatre Company to be one of a team of four practitioners to deliver some workshops on the history of comedy at Wellington College International in Shanghai! This came pretty much out of the blue and I'm thrilled to have been asked.
Once I'm back from China I'll be embarking on a mini tour of Yorkshire and Edinburgh the dates for which are;

SAT 28 MARCH
The Quays 8.30pm
5 Tubwell Row
Darlington
DL1 1NU
Free Entry

SUN 29 MARCH 8.30pm
The Wee Folk Club
Royal Oak (Downstairs Lounge)
1 Infirmary Street
Edinburgh
Eh1 1LT
Tickets are £5 and can be pre-ordered by telephone 0131 557 2976

TUE 31 MARCH
Leith Folk Club 7.30pm
Supporting Caddy Cooper
Victoria Park House Hotel
221 Ferry Road
Edinburgh
EH6 4NN
Tickets are £7 and can be reserved by text 07502 024 852
www.leithfolkclub.com

THU 2 APRIL
Northfield Concert Room 8pm
Waxholme Road
Withernsea
HU19 2BT
Tickets are £8 and can be reserved by phone 01964 631308
Profits from this concert will go to the local RNLI.
 
FRI 3 APRIL
The Crown of Lights 8pm
The Comrades Club
Regent St
Heckmondwike
WF16 0HD
01924 403672
Free entry

Live Streams
I've been experimenting with live streaming. You can see my efforts here
Keep an eye on my FB and Twitter as I'm hoping to do some more soon.



No comments: