Sunday 3 August 2014

Today is a day off after the first run of performances of The Mandrake Root in Stratford-upon-Avon. The show has been going well and we've been getting good feedback. It's a contemporary adaptation of Machiavelli's La Mandragola. It's a satirical, absurdist farce with fair amounts of swearing and naughtiness. The play is the debut performance in FRED Theatre's brand new venue, Fred's Shed, which is located in the beer garden of The Rose and Crown on Sheep Street. 

We reconvene for the final run of shows on Thursday and the last performance will be on Sunday night. More details available here 
This week I'll also start rehearsing for The Importance of Being Earnest in which I play Lane and Merriman (the two witty butlers.) This is another FRED production and again will be performed in Fred's Shed. 

On Wednesday I'll be the featured artist at Lymington Folk Club down in the New Forest. It's my first visit there and I'm really looking forward to it. 

No comments: