Tuesday 24 June 2014

Heckmondwike and Beverley Folk Festival

What a great weekend of gigs! On Friday night I returned to the Crown of Lights music night in Heckmondwike. This time around it was band night and I was booked to play an acoustic set in between each act. The audience were lovely and did some great singing along and it was good fun to see the very talented bands playing.

On Sunday I had a set at Beverley Folk Festival in the Moonbeams tent. This was brilliant and I'm very grateful to Leila for booking me. The marquee was more or less full as I played and the crowd were very responsive and again indulged me in some excellent singing.

Dogfinger Steve in the Moonbeams Marquee

I enjoyed some brilliant acts at the festival, particular mentions have to go to Coco and the Butterfields, Barcode Zebra and Emily Moulton who were very cool in their own ways.

No comments: