Thursday 4 September 2008

The Crossroads Blues Club

A couple of weeks ago a visited the Cross Roads Blues Club gig night in Birmingham, at a venue called Tower of Song.

The night was very cool, an open mic section followed by an artist playing a full set. The venue is smallish, but was packed out. It was also FREE in, much like the Island Bar a last month.

Tonight I'm planning to go along and take part in the jam night there.

I don't quite know what to expect, I haven't been to a jam since the much missed Sunday night Jams at the Adam and Eve, but this night is presumably firmly blues based, which should make it more cool, in theory.

I'm also planning to perform at one of the upcoming open mic sections of the nights there, so I'll let you know when that's happening.

Tower of Song also do other themed nights, so I could be doing something completely different there soon too.

Anyhoo, here's the links etc, the jam starts at 8.45 http://www.towerofsong.co.uk/blues

No comments: