Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Dan Whitehouse album launch

What an absolute treat to attend Dan Whitehouse's album launch at Birmingham Glee Club on Sunday night. 

When I started as solo musician I was living in Wolverhampton having just finished uni and Dan was in the middle of realising three EPs in a year. I turned to him for some advice and he recommended a studio at the Newhampton Arts Centre which was a few minutes walk from my home. I had an amazing experience there creating my first recordings as a solo singer songwriter. A little later he very kindly invited me to play the support slot at one of his EP launches, and has been very generous with advice and opportunities ever since. 

It's been exciting watching his career build, and on Sunday night I felt a curious pride at all he has achieved. He is hard working and diligent in terms of his gigging and touring schedule and creates a uniquely engaging live show during which he invites the audience to transcend the every day and escape to somewhere rather beautiful. Most importantly he writes excellent songs which have always been amongst my favourites I've encountered on "the circuit." 

The album launch was a wonderful night, Dan and his excellent band delivering new songs and some of his classics perfectly. 

Find out more about Dan and get his new album via his website

No comments: