Tuesday 8 October 2013

The Junction, two Randys, an Actress and the Bishop

I played two lovely gigs in Birmingham last week. First up I supported the band Sylvia at the first music night at the rather excellent Harborne pub, The Junction. The crowd here were very friendly and it was great to see some familiar faces and make some new friends, including Zoe who wrote this very nice blog post about the night.

Sylvia have changed their sound since last time I saw them and become a psychedelic power trio whilst retaining their beautiful harmonies. Very cool stuff.



Then on Sunday night I headed to The Actress and Bishop and supported Randy and Randy, front men of Canadian band Cherry Suede currently on an acoustic tour of the UK.  I was given a good 45 minute support slot and had a great time playing to the crowd of Cherry "Fuckin" Suede fans who had gathered for the event.

The lads themselves played a blinder of a set, check them out if you ever have chance.



No comments: