Friday 19 July 2013

Last weekend I played a gig at a lovely place called Abel's Harp "a boutique hotel, bar and restaurant located in an area of outstanding natural beauty at the base of the iconic Bromlow Callow in the heart of the Shropshire Hills." 

They weren't lying about the location, it was beautiful! 


It was the hottest day of the year so far (don't they say that every day at the moment?) so the gaffa, David, suggested I played my 2 45 minute sets outside. There just happened to be a cool raised decking area over looking the patio that hadn't been used since the place opened last year...


I had a really cool time and met some nice people, and was lucky enough to sample the Game Casserole for myself during the break between sets.

Packing the gear up afterwards I took one last look back at the place to see a beautiful sunset framed by those Shropshire Hills.



No comments: