Monday 21 May 2012

A little tribute


Donald "Duck" Dunn
Legendary bass player with Booker T and the MGs who were the session band at Stax Records playing on genre defining records by the likes of Wilson Pickett and Otis Redding. They also recorded one of my favorite and coolest records of all time, Green Onions.



Dunn later went on to play with some many great artists like Clapton, Dylan, Neil Young and of course the Blues Brothers!



Donna Summer
Whilst I don't know an awful lot about Donna Summer, I've always thought was an amazing record and hearing it on the radio the other day reminded me of dancing to it in a Junior School production, I guess because The Full Monty had been a recent hit...how inappropriate!




Robin Gibb
The Bee Gees are one of the greatest, end of. As singers, writers and record producers they have the be top five, don't they?

I don't want to start analysing it but it seems to me that they had the perfect knack of writing tunes that anyone could sing along to and marrying them to words everyone could relate to. Plus of course those harmonies!

Robin was the lead writer and/or singer of some of my favorites







Peter Jones
Drummer of the wonderful Crowded House. Passed away aged 45.








No comments: