Saturday 5 June 2010

LG Arena, Mark Knopfler and John Mayer



I've got so much to tell you!

First of all there was the LG Arena gigs, where I performed before concerts by Mark Knopfler and John Mayer.

The gigs had come about after a Facebook competition held by The LG Arena to find the best singer songwriters to perform in The ForumLive area of the arena where the concert goers hang out and get their drinks and snacks before going through to the main arena. Over forty musicians applied by uploading videos to a Facebook Event Page which were then judged by a panel made up of important types at the arena. Seven Singer Songwriters were chosen to perform across three nights.



My first night was on Sunday May 23rd, performing to the seven thousand people waiting to see the amazing Mark Knopfler. I played three 20 minutes sets on that first night, and then had the privilege of seeing the legend at work.



The following night I performed two sets before the John Mayer concert which three thousand people attended. Seeing this concert from the VIP area was a particular treat because I've been wanting to see him perform for a long time, and he was fantastic.



Both evenings were great fun and the audiences were incredibly receptive to the unexpected and unknown musicians performing before the concerts, so thanks very much to everyone who was there. A massive thank you to the organisers and judges at The LG for picking me and looking after me so well.

Thanks to Mark Woodward for taking these photos.

No comments: