Friday 12 February 2010

Robert Lane and guests at The Tower of Song

A week ago this time I was preparing for my night at The Tower of Song, Birmingham. It was my second time running a night at my favourite venue after the launch of my EP Twenty Two Last October.

This time round I was joined by guests Sam Draisey, Simon Davies and Lee Goodall, plus Ken Startford, Steve Butt and Gaz Barham returned to perform as the house band.

I'd had a very odd week with a pretty nasty throat, and that very morning had been shunted by a white van man on the M6 (no damage was done-to me at any rate!) Happily the night was fantastic, my one complaint being that it went much too quick.

The house band are legends, Sam Draisey gave us a beautiful performance, Lee Goodall was hysterical and Simon Davies not only performed his own set with class but joined me and then the house band for some fabulous jamming.

Just like last time the audience really made the night, and I'm very grateful and truly hope they all had a great time, as we did.

There are plenty of photos and footage of the night to appear, and here's the first bit. We opened the night with a jam through Matchbox. The players are Ken Stratford on Double Bass, Steve Butt on Guitar, Gaz Barham on Harp, Simon Davies on Keys and myself on Guitar and Vocals.


No comments: