Friday 27 November 2009

Finally, after a month and four days, here are some photographs from the brilliant night that was my EP launch at the Tower of Song, Birmingham. I started the night off with Four Years, one of the songs form the EP, Twenty Two. I was then joined by Ken Stratford on Double Bass, Steve Butt on Guitar and Gaz on Harmonica, as Steve led us through Mystery Train and Gaz fronted the band for Honky Tonk Women.


Next up was Smokin' Ade Wakelin, playing a beautiful acoustic blues set, again joined by the wonderful Ken Stratford for a few numbers.

Next up was stand up from Lee Goodall. Sadly, no one seems to have taken a picture of lee doing his thing which is a shame as he is a lovely looking lad, and his set went down a treat. Lee was followed by Johnny Hands, a great young singer songwriter who played a fabulous set of his lovely original songs, be sure to check him out

For the main part of the night I performed songs from the EP as well as brand new, never before heard tracks. I also threw in a few covers of songs by my biggest influences.

To round the night off I was once again joined by Ken, Steve and Gaz from a jam on a few raucous Chuck Berry and Carl Perkins Rock and Roll tunes, which had the audience dancing and my band mates lying on the floor, playing guitars behind there heads and generally have a good time. I can't thank all the performers, audience and everyone at the Tower enough, that evening was one of the best I've ever had.

More pics and videos to come soon



No comments: