Thursday 18 December 2008


Last Thursday I once again visited the Blues Jam at the Cross Roads Blues Club. It's hard to describe just how much I enjoy visiting and playing at the place. The atmosphere is great, the music is brilliant and it's really cool to feel a little bit accepted by these guys, even if Ken has trouble remembering my name (must be his age!)

I started of my little bit by Singing and guitaring on "As The Years Go Passing By" with a really good Jazz/Blues guitarist Alan Garwood, Steve Butt on Snare Drum and a guy who's name I didn't catch playing a tea chest bass. I then joined all the regulars as ChickenBone John took us through the last song of the last jam of the year, appropriately enough "Cross Roads Blues"

It's always a bit hard to tell how well jams are going, I find that I play best when I don't think too much and just let go a bit, which means I haven't really listened much to what I've done! I had some really nice feedback from a few musician's and audience members though so must I must have done OK. I'm hoping to be there tonight to watch the last session of the year.

By the way, if any crossroad regulars find this site, say hello!

No comments: